ABQ Weather or Not
Sultry (sweltering?) days continue, but be patient - relief is on the way. By next week, we may be in the 80s.
The Week That Was
Enthusiastic Crowd Welcomes 16-Year-Old Climate Activist Greta Thunberg As She Sails Into New York Harbor
- Boris Johnson meets with the Queen and manages to infuriate Parliament from the beginning - watch the pound when the Parliamentary suspension is called (sometime between 9/9 - 10/14)
- Donald Trump pulls back on plan to deport immigrants facing life-threatening illness
- NM needs to consider passing red flag laws - could they have prevented what happened in the Midland-Odessa shootings on Saturday?
- Dorian downgraded to Category 4 and swings north - The President's confusion over Category 5 storms raised concern over how the emergency response effort will unfold
- Ah, Joe, Tell me it ain't so... - Biden tells tall tale in NH: in the course of three minutes gets the branch of service, timeframe, location and his role in the story all wrong.
Notes to Diary
The 15TH Year of this World Music extravaganza is just around the corner - a Don't Miss event.
Buy your tickets now: CLICK HERE
October 5th Through 13th -
Yup, it's that time of year again...
Here's the Schedule FROM THE WEBSITE
And Don't Forget to Buy your Park & Ride TIX HERE
If you're not dining in for the duration, it might be a good idea to get some reservations while the getting's still good.
Other Buzz - Website Update
Then we have our maiden voyage of DIY videos, with Majdah and Auntie Ruth discussing avenues to better communication.
We expect to do more of this in the future, so you might want to bookmark our website
and check in occasionally - there's a great READING LIST here, with oodles of information on various topics.
The i'S Have It
This is a difficult read - but provides insight regarding the struggles within the Party of Lincoln and what led to a Trump presidency.
“Alberta offers something more ambitious than a tale of palace intrigue; his book is also a six-hundred-plus-page history of the Republican Party over the past decade, which seeks to explain how the G.O.P. steadily moved right and eventually gave way to full-on Trumpism. The abiding theme of the book is that almost every influential figure in the Party has come to accept or submit to the President. Although Alberta is clearly not an admirer of the President, he is not unsympathetic to the voters who have embraced him and their feelings of resentment toward what they see as an increasingly liberal culture.” (The New Yorker)
And an interesting companion piece from The Atlantic (CLICK HERE)
From the website:
With The Farewell, writer/director Lulu Wang has created a heartfelt celebration of both the way we perform family and the way we live it, masterfully interweaving a gently humorous depiction of the good lie in action with a richly moving story of how family can unite and strengthen us, often in spite of ourselves.
"Awkwafina stars in Lulu Wang’s latest feature, a fictionalized account of her family’s efforts to shield her grandmother from a grim diagnosis." READ MORE
I loved this movie for so many reasons but most of all for reintroducing the question of When we unequivocally believe what we think, how does that limit us?
This is yummy with a grilled steak - give it a spin while we still have great summer tomatoes!
Open Space, Coors Blvd
Have a kind, productive and terrific week -
(and don't believe everything you think.)