Focus: Consultant / Client outreach, web design, strategic planning, organizational efficiency
- 40+ years in the financial services industry. Held senior trading, and sales & marketing positions for Bond Departments at major firms in Boston, Philadelphia and New York
- 10+ years as a small business and personal management consultant
- Series 7,52 and 63 registrations
- BA, Hood College
- Doscher Country School of Photography
- Shakyamuni Buddhist Center, Foundation Program
Community Involvement: Past hospice volunteer, financial trustee, board member and docent for various organizations, grassroots political activist
We’re not really sure what to say about Wendy…we just know she’s good to have around. A walking Rolodex of resources, a veteran of Wall Street, former still photographer and photojournalist in Europe, award-winning brewer, consultant to small business owners, project manager for hire, and someone with a history of getting people organized, we see her wearing a lot of different hats.
“As a bond trader, advisors often asked me to sit down with their clients. As energizing as trading was, I found that a tangible sense of helping people also mattered to me. I’ve always been a Go To person: finding solutions, getting things to run more smoothly, identifying obstacles or behavior that stand in the way of leading more purposeful lives – that’s what I truly enjoy.
So when I have the opportunity to amplify the conversation, I try to do that. I’m not sure which comes first, trust or good communication, but the combination can give rise to unexpected discoveries and particularly meaningful outcomes.
I think we need to tune out the electronic data from time to time, so we can turn up the conversation.”
- Wendy Parker-Wood