"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges while the foolish build barriers."
Chadwick Aaron Boseman
November 29, 1976 – August 28, 2020
An American actor.
- "It is with a heavy heart and a sense of deep gratitude to have ever been in his presence, that I have to reckon with the fact that Chad is an ancestor now. " -Ryan Coogler, Director, BLACK PANTHER (Hollywood Reporter )
- “He absorbed every story, every memory and every photo and film excerpt he could consume to help translate the soul of an American hero,” the Robinson Foundation wrote. “And now, Chadwick will be etched in history as a hero in his own right, especially having shown millions of Black and Brown children the power of a superhero who looks like them.”
Standing with Chadwick Boseman
During a year of racial tension and protests against the police brutality of unarmed Black people, how tragic for all of us that three sources of inspiration have left us - Kobe Bryant, John Lewis, and Chad Boseman. “These are pillars in our community,” Rev. Al Sharpton said. “In times of instability, you depend on pillars. It’s bad enough when there’s a storm outside and you hear the lightning and thunder. It gets worse when the pillars that you’re building and standing on (are) shaking. It’s like they’re chipping away at our foundation.
Editor's Note: At a time when The Movement for Black Lives and this country need heroes, an enormous loss. Person, not party - Hope, not hate: Chad Boseman reached across the BIG Divide and touched us all.
Chadwick Boseman's Final Tweet Before His Death Was in Support of Democratic VP Nominee and Fellow Bison, Kamala Harris
- “That his last tweet was to encourage people to exercise their right as citizens to vote, to participate in their democracy — born out of love of country — that’s so reflective of Chadwick," Harris, 55, said of the Aug. 11 post, which was the same day she was picked as Joe Biden's running mate.
In His Own Words...
- “You’re a strong black man in a world that conflicts with that strength, that really doesn’t want you to be great,” he continued. “So what makes you the one who’s going to stand tall?” (Commenting on his role in BLACK PANTHER)
- Look down over what you conquered and appreciate what God has brought you through. (Commencement speech, Howard University 2018)