"Risk management is the identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events or to maximize the realization of opportunities." -Wikipedia
Recently,while meeting with prospective clients, we have observed a heightened level of stress that appears to stem from three specific areas:
- Uncertainty that their financial goals can actually be met
- Feeling that they have lost control of their current financial situation
- Worry that their retirement income won't be enough
That is why we consider the discussion of risk management to be one of the most important conversations we have with our clients.
We can analyze your current assets, discuss your future needs, and basically align your resources with what we consider realistic goals through selecting the appropriate investment strategies, implementing them with a custom investment portfolio, and monitoring it. But while we can prepare you for the future, we can't predict it.
Protecting you from unexpected, unwelcome, and unfortunate events goes hand in hand with asset management. What would happen, and how would it impact you and/or your family, were any of the following to occur?
- loss of your job or laid off
- your or your spouse's (partner's) premature death
- sudden death of a business partner
- a serious injury or illness
- personal disability
- assuming the care and expense of a family member
- theft of valuable personal property
Properly identifying, evaluating, and addressing potential hazards on the road ahead is an integral part of our 360-degree approach to wealth management.